Thursday 4 November 2010

Desinging the Aircraft: Part 1

After looking at some images of the red arrows I am ready to begin modelling. I have taken one of the images which I will use a point of reference and I will keep looking at it throughout.

The first thing I done was selected an object and pulled it out. I then converted it to an editable poly and begun stretching and scaling it out. The first part I modelled was the nose of the aircraft, I used the scale tool to pull it out making it pointy.


I then had to use the cut and loop tool to add more vertices this was allow me to model the aircraft better. I then pulled the vertices up at the back to create a tail wing.


Having looked at the tail I decided that it would be best to add it as a plane instead of manipulating the original shape. So I inserted a plane into the scene and referring to the image of the aircraft I used this to create a basic shape.








As you can see the aircraft is starting to take shape...although I cant help but think it looks a bit like a dolphin! I will carry on modelling the shape and add the wings next.

No comments:

Post a Comment